Monday, September 22, 2008

The Second Batch

The process has begun again. Hopefully, this time I won't screw it up quite as badly.

Much to my surprise, I was able to harvest another five (FIVE!!) gallons of grapes from the backyard pergola. That's enough to fill the bug bucket... and the kitchen sink.



This time, however, as they were de-stemmed and crushed, the remnants did not get shoved down the disposal. So... no stuffed-up drains this time!

The first batch is still fermenting...



...and it has about six months and half a dozen decantings to go. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always wanted to try to make wine. Looks like fun.

Danielle said...

That looks FABULOUS!! Must have been a 'home cooking' week. I actually made cider with a cider press! Very fun stuff...

citsobdivad said...

I lived on a small farm just outside the city limits of Cincinnati. Before moving there the owner had 12 plumb trees and made plumb wine on a yearly basis. Tasty stuff it was.