Saturday, September 20, 2008

A Small Milestone

It was a big morning. Well, for me, anyway.

When I stepped on the scales this morning, I was under 210. I haven't been under 210 in nearly a year. Good things are happening.

Happening slowly. But happening.

Check out the chart:



Mind you, 210 is still considered "extremely overweight."  But I'm working on it.  And making progress.

My goal is to be back down to about 180 by my birthday in January. In theory, that's a quarter pound per day... two pounds per week.  So far, I'm on track. At least according to the progress chart.

I've been making a very conscious effort to control my eating and make better choices. The food diary really is helping. Each day I can see how many calories I've eaten and how that fits in with the calorie restrictions necessary to reach my goal.

Plus, I've actually been back to the gym a few times. Shaun and Don have both been inspirational.

There's a long way to go... but every milestone feels good.

2 comments:

SuperShaun said...

That is great! All it takes is commitment and see what happens! I am proud of you! Keep it up!!!!

Tommy said...

That's awesome. I was just watching the news thinking to myself......"Hey, Marshall's jacket is looking pretty loose!!!

Keep up the hard work.