Sunday, May 18, 2008

A Double-Header and a Hammie

3:00am - alarm goes off, try to ignore it
3:10am - dogs insist on getting up
4:00am - arrive at work
9:00am - still doing work stuff
12:00pm - leave work
12:40pm - arrive at dance practice 40 minutes late
2:00pm - still dancing, polishing routine
2:35pm - warning from choreographer not to get hurt before competition
3:45pm - first game of softball double-header
5:00pm - second game of softball double-header
5:02pm - base hit
5:02pm - blow out a hamstring

We lost the first game 11 to 6. Hey, at least it wasn't a shut out. We (sort of) held our own against "Orange Crush." We were pleased to at least have a few runs on the board.

As the second game (against "Chix -n- Stix") began, I was the first in the lineup. I hit a low ball just past the second baseman and took off for first base.


Then I heard it.

Pop!

There was second or two between the sound and the first shooting pain. The sound itself was probably more disconcerting than the pain. Your body just isn't supposed to make those kinds of noises. Nothing good can come from a sound like that.

Geeeeeez, it hurts!

They offered a sub. I thought I might be able to make it to second. As the next batter nailed the ball (and was caught out), I started for second base... dragging my right leg, hobbling and shouting expletives. That was it. They sent in a sub. I was finished.

Benched. First inning. On the DL.

Hopefully, the Mydol will help with the ouchies. Damn, it hurts. A lot!

Little concerned about dance competition on Saturday.......

No comments: