Sunday, May 4, 2008

This is the End of the World As We Know It

Oh. My. God.

Every muscle in my body hurts.

They hurt before we hit the field this afternoon. Now, every fiber of my being is telling me how much it hates me. There aren't enough Icy-Hot patches in the world to help me turn my head to the right. Or help me lift either leg higher than a few inches. Or un-stove my thumb.

Yeah. This was a good idea. This was fun.

At least we won!

"Q's Bottoms of the Ninth" beat the Chase bank team 12 to 11. In the third inning, we scored nine runs and the umpire called the inning (he forgot which division we were playing and thought the nine-run-limit was in effect).

I batted three times. (1) Out at first. (2) Single to center. (3) Walk.

Otherwise, I was in right field... thankfully. It's quiet out there. Except when a couple of lefties decide to bash the ball 834 yards into the back of the park.

We actually did pretty well today. Especially for a team that met some of its members on the field. The past couple of days' practice really helped Shaun and Josh put people in positions appropriate to their skills. (Again, this is why I'm in right field.) Everyone worked together pretty well. Sure, there were errors... it's a recreational league for goodness sake. But we all had a pretty good time.

No comments: